Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mad Hatter Monday

I don't know what it is about Mondays that everyone loathes, but I've come to realize that the way you start your week off is they way it will continue. So why not start it off getting dolled up? Luckily, I have the day off tomorrow thanks to Mr. Columbus and will be having a "no need to rush to get to work on time" lunch. On top of that I get to dress how I want on a Monday, (more on my current job in a later post) instead of the usual. Here is what I've compiled to encourage my style this week.









Tea parties are a nostalgic way to add to your style. Who doesn't remember having tea parties when they were a little girl and not realizing that we were already becoming fashionistas with our elegant hats, faux fur boas and pearls. Going to the American Girl Place was a favorite for me and my sister, with our look-alike dolls and shopping for outfits for them, including umbrellas. If any of you readers have a little girl and happen to visit downtown Chicago, go there and experience their adorable tea parties. Besides the color pink making me smile and giving me all the reason to love all things girlish, tea parties are the next best thing. Not only do they remind me of fond childhood memories but I think of the outdoors, flowers, dresses and cupcakes. Incorporate a little of this dainty style to your look this week and maybe you'll feel like throwing a tea party for your friends. (Make sure you buy the tea party set shown above, did I mention it's Juicy?)



No comments:

Post a Comment