Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fashion where I live.

I live in Texas and although I am a country girl at heart and wear my boots every chance I get, I am also a "city" girl up front. Like most girls, I love having a reason to dress up. This isn't California or New York, so you don't normally see a lot of everyday "dressed up" outfits just to go to the mall or run errands. If you walked down the street where I live in 4 inch wedges, mini dress with a cardigan and over the top accessories, most would ask you what the special occasion was or where your going so dressed up.

I've read numerous fashion blogs where they think Texas is all about plaid shirts, daisy dukes and cowboy boots. Yes I own all of the above. Who says those pieces cant be fashion? For the past year, the top fashion magazines on the stands have covered the "country meets chic" fashion spread. Believe me, country wear has a lot to work with.

This is not a fashion blog for only Texas readers, it's a blog for any young lady who needs a little inspiration to create fashion with what she has and to match her personality or who has trouble putting pieces together like any one of us. This blog is for ideas on how to mix old finds and thrift finds with new pieces and "splurges". So ladies, get ready to be inspired :)

Here's a few pictures that I love from some magazines that covered a chic country look for their fashion spreads.


I love those thigh high boots and thermal undershirt. (not to mention gorgeous Kellan Lutz)

Simple tee shirts are one of my key items. If only I could find a vest like that!

Hope yall stick around and keep reading :) I also hope I inspire at least one person! Have a great sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment