Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quick DIY

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate one of my best friends, Ashley Ellison, for competing in the Miss Texas USA 2011 pageant. She looked divine and her personality is absolutely charming not to mention, how wonderful of a friend she is.

Onto my little DIY project. I have always loved the Chanel word bangles from 2007. These black and white bangles had words and phrases, in English and french, about design, style, and luxury. I had read about a DIY article on how to make your own word bangles so I went ahead and tried it.

I bought this vintage Lucite bangle a couple weeks ago, with the idea of making it a "word bangle".

I had these rub on transfers with a french theme and cut out the "j'adore" to use on the bangle.
Here is the finished product. The "j'adore" is in red letters. Chanel focuses more on black and white but I thought the red would look more chic for Fall whereas black and white is a bit more reserved and classic. I will definitely be making more of these and piling them up like Chanel did on the runway in 2007.
Chanel 2007
I know y'all might be thinking about why I'm into items "so three years ago" but bangles/bracelets are always a simple and well-liked approach to accessorizing. Connect with your creative side and make fashion your own. Enjoy my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment