Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Since most of my weekend was spent on a four wheeler, skeet shooting and enjoying the quietness of the country, I only had a limited amount of time to shop especially because our guy friends didn't have much patience for us girls to shop in town so we had to work fast. I will definitely be going back to explore some more. There were a few old country stores on the way into town that consisted of trinkets and treasures, as well as vintage clothing, hats and records. One of my friends bought three amazing old records for just 60 dollars. While she was paying, I thought I'd be leaving empty handed since I didn't find anything that I fell in love with, I walked to the front to wait for her and I saw this at the end of the counter.
It's a more brassy, shiny color, but the picture doesn't do it much justice. I'm not sure what it was originally but I'm going to use it as a ring or earring holder.

The outside of one the stores.

I felt like playing dress up when I walked into this vintage store.



Onto some more of my purchases. I went into a store called "Fredericksberg Marketplace" on Main Street, now one of my favorite stores on Main street by far and one of the reasons I'll be heading back soon. A couple stores are extremely overpriced, it's a small town so many residents only shop there because they don't want to make the drive to a different town but "Fredericksberg Marketplace" was reasonably priced and had a variety of accessories ranging from unique pieces to everyday items you would need.
This silver bracelet was bought at a different store on Main street. I had one just like it that my dad had bought for me but I broke it so hopefully I'll be more gentle with this one.


These pair of earrings were bought at Fredericksberg Marketplace from a brand called "Katie's". If your looking for a pair no once else has, you'll probably find something to suit your style and if your looking for simple like the bottom pair, you'll find that as well.

Let me know if any of y'all visit Fredericksberg, TX and if you checkout "Katie's", mention that they are mentioned on Pretty Outlaws. :)

1 comment:

  1. The Texas brassy thing was meant to be an ashtray! Love how your creativity turned it into a jewelry holder!

    ReplyDelete