Monday, September 6, 2010

Upcoming Fall Trends

I wish I could be more consistent with my blog & it is definitely on my "goals" list, but sometimes we all get caught up with everything going on around us that we don't have time for our "guilty pleasures". I hope my blog is one of yours.

 
Here in Texas, we are still in the high 90's. It is still unbearably hot some days, so my layering is kept to a minimum. However, you can feel that Fall is in the air. The breeze is cool instead of the usual hot gust of wind. I am so excited to pull out my boots, sweaters, and tights. I've been observing and trying to see what fall trends I am actually going to love or hate.

 
In style for Fall Season
  • Lots of Layering
  • Bold Cardigans
  • Conservative Glamour
  • Prep
  • Major boots
  • Mixing brights and darks
  • Clogs
  • Anything Knit
  • Camel and Nude color scheme

                  



I am in love with most of this list. Layering is a must when it begins to get chilly & it's always fun to play with different pieces. I am already obsessed with bold cardigans and have too many but I believe you can never have enough. You can pin bold brooches to them or tame down an outfit with a simple gray one. Conservative Glamour makes me think of sparkles along with grays, nudes, and other dull colors to balance out everything. The Prep look is back in. That's right blazers, bows, button downs, loafers, and plaid are all back for Fall 2010. Think "Blair Waldorf, Jenny Humphrey & Chuck Bass" in the first season of Gossip Girl. Major boots, this one is self explanatory and one of my favorites on this list. Mixing brights & dark colors, sounds kind of complicated and hard to accomplish without looking over-the-top but I'll post pictures to give y'all a little inspiration. One trend I am in no hurry to follow is "clogs". I just cannot get myself to even try on a pair of these chunky shoes nevertheless buy a pair but maybe they will grow on me. Knitted hats, scarves, sweaters and all things cozy. The nude and camel color scheme, has slowly but surely approached us in Fashion. It started with nude pumps than handbags and now it's everywhere this fall. Which trends are y'all going to be following?

 

 
 
 
 
 
But remember it isn't all about trends and following them. Always incorporate your style into any trend you try.

 

 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment